Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Wild Drives Ltd's services.
Wild Drives Ltd is located at: Plus X Innovation Hub, Lewes Rd, Brighton, BN2 4GL.
- "Company" refers to Wild Drives Ltd.
- "Hirer" refers to the person who hires the electric campervan from Wild Drives Ltd.
- "Electric Campervan" refers to the vehicle offered for hire by Wild Drives Ltd.
2. Rental Agreement
By renting an electric campervan from Wild Drives Ltd, the hirer agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The hirer must be at least 23 years old and hold a valid UK/EU driving license for at least two years.
- The hirer must provide a copy of their driving license and two proofs of address upon collection of the electric campervan.
- The hirer must:
- not had their licence suspended for any period within the last three years
- not have been involved in more than one fault incident within the last three years.
- not have more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
- have not obtained a BA,DD or UT conviction
- The hirer must return the electric campervan on the date and time agreed upon in the rental agreement.
- The hirer is liable for any cost incurred for speeding or parking fines, congestion charges or any other offences committed against the road traffic act regulations.
- The hirer shall not tow any trailer or vehicle behind the hired vehicle.
- The hirer shall not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle, as defined in the vehicle specifications or allow the vehicle to be overloaded.
- The hirer shall ensure that the driver and all passengers required by law to do so shall, at all times when the vehicle is being driven wear the seat belts provided.
- The hirer shall not use the vehicle to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- Shall not, without written consent from Wild Drives Ltd, remove the vehicle from the UK mainland.
- A deposit of 15% or £100 (whichever is higher) is required to secure the electric campervan booking.
- Full payment is required at least 7 days prior to the rental start date.
- Wild Drives Ltd accepts payment via credit/debit card or bank transfer.
- The electric campervan is comprehensively insured for the duration of the rental period.
- The insurance covers the hirer and any additional drivers named on the rental agreement.
- An excess charge of £500 applies for drivers aged 25 and over.
- An excess charge of £700 applies for drivers aged 23-24.
- The hirer is responsible for any damage to the electric campervan caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- The hirer is responsible for any damage to the interior of the electric campervan caused by misuse or negligence.
- In the event of a claim resulting from the use of cooking/heating appliances, a 25% coinsurance excess will apply, subject to a minimum excess of £500
5. Breakdown cover
- Wild Drives Ltd offers 24-hour breakdown cover for the duration of the rental period. In the event of a breakdown, the hirer should contact Wild Drives Ltd immediately. If the breakdown cannot be fixed, Wild Drives Ltd will provide a replacement campervan if possible. If not, a full refund will be offered.
6. Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the rental start date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the total rental cost.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the rental start date will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the total rental cost.
- Cancellations must be in writing.
7. Maintenance and Repairs
- The hirer must notify Wild Drives Ltd immediately of any mechanical issues or damage to the electric campervan.
- The hirer must not attempt to make any repairs to the electric campervan without the consent of Wild Drives Ltd.
- Wild Drives Ltd will cover the cost of any repairs required due to normal wear and tear or mechanical failure.
8. Security deposit
- A damage excess/Security deposit taken upon collection of the vehicle of £500 and is fully refundable within a week of safe return of the vehicle on the agreed date and time unless otherwise agreed.
- If the vehicle is returned late or dirty or damaged in any way the cost to clean/repair will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Pets are permitted with advance notice and payment of the additional pet cleaning fee
- Any animal which is permitted in the campervan in accordance with the clause 9.1 above shall be kept under control at all times and shall never be left in the Campervan unsupervised.
10. Limitation of Liability
- Wild Drives Ltd is not liable for any loss or damage to personal belongings left in the electric campervan.
- Wild Drives Ltd is not liable for any injury or damage caused by the hirer's negligent or reckless driving.
- Wild Drives Ltd is not liable for any delays or cancellations due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. extreme weather conditions, road closures, etc.)
11. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
By agreeing to rent an electric campervan from Wild Drives Ltd, the hirer agrees to these terms and conditions in their entirety.